12/26/10

Listening station. It's about time

I built a couple new items for my records as they are outgrowing my main units. I copied the basic style from the expedite thing from ikea cept it's plywood and not particle board and it only cost $30 plus a few hours of my time.



It holds all of the box sets and gatefolds. I feel that this style, the library style, is better for gatefolds than my regular store style. Standing them upright with very little pressure, as opposed to them all leaning on each other, should keep any creases from occurring on the jacket. Or just crushing the wider spine that gatefolds have. It also holds 10" records and a couple cd cases. So there's room to grow with the removal of the cds.
After I got this shelf in place it became obvious that this was our new listening station. So next we needed a new stand for the stereo. This was made with the leftover plywood and also holds the DVD storage box.


Add a nice comfy chair and we now have a great place to sit and listen to some vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment